Hot? Apparently, we will be this weekend. The sun is set to shine, and here is a recipe that might entertain your toddler in the kitchen for a few minutes, then keep them cool a few hours later.
- Get yourself some of these handy ice pop moulds (other types are available).
- You’ll need: a ripe mango or a pineapple, a banana (optional), a tin of coconut milk, a squeeze of lemon or lime and some maple syrup.
- With the help of your toddler, peel and prepare your fruit. Blend together your fruit, with a suitable amount of coconut milk (let’s say half a tin, but taste and see). You could add a squeeze of lemon or lime and a squirt of maple syrup to make it yummier still.
- Then with your toddler, fill your moulds with mixture and put them in the freezer.
- Make them in the morning, and they should be ready to eat in the afternoon.
Tip: when you get them out of the freezer, run them under a hot tap, so they’re not too icy and you can squeeze them out of the moulds.
We’ve had fun making and eating these. Hope you do too.